Businesses & Agriculture (REAP)
Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
A value-add when you contract for solar with Sigora
Grant writing with Sigora & Ebenezer
Sigora Solar now offers its clients professionally written Solar PV REAP grants through our partners at Ebenezer Management. To be considered for this grant, you must be contracted to install a solar system. It is not guaranteed that you will be awarded this grant (Ebenezer Management has an 80% success rate of REAP applicant approval) but you don’t pay anything unless it’s awarded. For a limited time, this service is no cost to you when you purchase a system with Sigora Solar.
The USDA Vision for the Rural Energy for America Program
The REAP Grant provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase or install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements. This program helps increase American energy independence by increasing the private sector supply of renewable energy and decreasing the demand for energy through energy efficiency improvements. Over time, these investments can also help lower the cost of energy costs for small businesses and agricultural producers.
• Typical business ROI is around 5-7 for commercial systems, however, with REAP grants see a ROIs of 3-4 years
• A grant for 25% of your Solar System Project Cost!
• Loan guarantees for up to 75% of your Solar System Project Cost!
• Combined grant and loan guarantees for up to 75% of your Solar System Project Cost!
• All benefits are in addition to the 30% Federal Investment Tax Credit!!
Let’s get started
Solar systems come in all shapes and sizes, depending on the needs of your business, and together we can configure a system that generates the power you need while cutting your costs. Our customers will tell you the same thing, so check out their success stories and testimonials. And then, let’s connect – ASAP. Sigora will evaluate your REAP qualifications and design a system that boosts your ROI.
Summary of Qualifications & Terms
Who may apply? Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations, and Small businesses in eligible rural areas. NOTE: Agricultural producers and small businesses must have no outstanding delinquent federal taxes, debt, judgment or debarment.
How may the funds be used? Funds may be used for the purchase, installation and construction of renewable energy systems, including PV Solar energy.
What is an eligible area?
- In an area other than a city or town with a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants and the urbanized area of that city or town.
- Agricultural producers may be in rural or non-rural areas.
- The yellow areas on the map show areas that DO NOT qualify
What funding is available?
- Loan guarantees on loans up to 75% of total eligible project costs.
- Grants for up to 25% of total eligible project costs.
- Combined grant and loan guarantee funding up to 75% of total eligible project costs.
What are the loan guarantee terms?
- $5,000 minimum - $25 million maximum loan amount.
- Up to 85% loan guarantee.
- Rates and terms negotiated with the lender and subject to USDA approval.
- Maximum term of 30 years for real estate.
- Maximum term of 15 years, or useful life, for machinery and equipment.
- Maximum term of 7 years for capital loans.
- Maximum term of 30 years for combined real estate and equipment loans.
Are there additional requirements? Applicants must provide at least 75% of the project cost if applying for a grant only and 25% of the project cost if applying for loan, or loan and grant combination. Projects greater than $200,000 require a technical report.
What are the grant terms? Renewable Energy System Grants: $2,500 minimum - $500,000 maximum.
Download the overview PDF supplied by the USDA for more information or fill out the contact form below to talk a Sigora Solar Analyst dedicated to REAP grants
Free solar design and quote
Sign a contract and the Grant application begins
Permit & Materials
...and possibly save more
This can be an intro paragraph, describing how Sigora Solar will look at your submission and get back to you soon.